The Woodhouse in the News & Media
Since opening its doors in early 2012, The Woodhouse has attracted plenty of attention.
- Cooking with redgum, September 7 2016
- Well done: Woodhouse named best steak restaurant, August 17 2016
- Broadsheet, 2016
- The Woodhouse Bendigo, Gram Magazine, August 5, 2015
- Woodhouse Named Among Nations Best, Bendigo Advertiser, May 4, 2015
- Beefy Issues in Bendigo, New Zealand Total Travel, October 2014
- Best Businesses Crowned at Awards Night Bendigo Advertiser, October 17 2014
- Woodhouse Deserving of Judges Praise, Bendigo Advertiser, October 14 2014
- Bendigo Restaurants Win Big at Golden Plate Awards Night, Bendigo Advertiser, October 13 2014
- Top Restaurants Recognised in Prestigious Food Guide Bendigo Advertiser, August 30 2014
- 10 Restaurants in The Age Good Food Guide 2015 Bendigo Advertiser, August 27 2014.
- Bendigo Dinner Showcases Wagyu The Australian Wagyu Update, April 2014
- Best Beef on Show at Celebratory Dinner Bendigo Advertiser, February 6 2014.
- Eatery Trains Another Top Apprentice Chef Bendigo Advertiser, November 21 2013.
- twenty-reasons-to-visit-bendigo-The Age, August 2013
- 6 Reasons to visit Bendigo The Age, June 08 2013
- Beer Week @ the Woodhouse Progressive Dinner Bendigo Advertiser, May 20 2013.
- Postcards Father Day Special Channel 9 Episode 27 September 2 2012.
- Pieces of Me: Paul Pitcher Bendigo Advertiser, August 26 2012.
- High steaks for new Bendigo restaurant Bendigo Advertiser, February 22 2012.
- Winner – Central Victoria Region 2016, Golden Plate Awards
- Winner – Contemporary Dining Victoria 2016, Golden Plate Awards
- Winner – Best Steakhouse Victoria and Tasmania 2016, Savour Australia Restaurant and Catering awards
- Australian Good Food Guide Readers Choice Award 2016 – Modern Fine Dining Ballarat, Bendigo & The Goldfields VIC
- Bronze Winner – 2015 RACV Victorian Tourism Awards
- Short listed in as one of Australia’s top 500 restaurants for The Australian Financial Review Australia’s Top Restaurants 2015
- The Age Good Food Guide 2015
, score of 14.5/15
- Winner – Best Hospitality & Tourism Business, Bendigo Business Excellence Awards 2014
- Finalist – Employee of the Year, Nicholas Harvey (Front of House Manager), Bendigo Business Excellence Awards 2014
- Winner – Overall Regional Winner Golden Plate Awards, 2014
“The Woodhouse in Williamson Street Bendigo is a seriously professional restaurant in all aspects. The food served is very high quality, the service equally so. Much thought and care has gone into the concept, the décor, the menu and the style of cooking. There is an obvious passion for the best wines, the best produce and an adept way of delivering good service to the public” – Judges feedback.
- Winner – Best Restaurant Contemporary Dining Award Golden Plate Awards, 2014
- Winner – Best Customer Service Award Golden Plate Awards, 2014
- Winner – People’s Choice Award Golden Plate Awards, 2012.
“The quality of the food, generosity of the portions and very fair prices for wines add up to excellent value for money at The Woodhouse” – Judges feedback.
“The Woodhouse is the hot newcomer on the Bendigo dining scene…”
“The planning and passion that husband-and-wife team Paul and Danielle have put into this new-school steakhouse is obvious…”